Wednesday 16 July 2014

BEAUTY: Interview with MAC Make-up Artist Fabiana Coppola

Hellooo :)
This week I had the absolute pleasure of interviewing the extremely talented Fabiana Coppola! Fabiana is a professional MAC make-up artist who has been working in the industry for years. Her work is so creative and flawless that she can make anyone look and feel like a million dollars :) Check out our interview and pictures of Fabiana and her work below...Enjoy x


Q. When did you realize you wanted to be a make-up artist and what inspired you to pursue it?
A. With virtually no knowledge of make-up, I was given my first brush set at 17 and re-created a look I saw in a magazine. It was the first time I realized I was actually good and something so I decided to make a career out of it!


Q. How long have you been working in the make-up industry?
A. I have been working in this industry for 6 years now.


Q. Who is your Style Icon?
A. It changes quite frequently, but right now, Oliver Proudlock. His style is so unique, he can pull off anything! I'd love to dress like him and just add a feminine twist with my make-up.


Q. Who is your biggest inspiration in the Fashion/Beauty industry?
A. Kabuki, he is a make-up God! A sign of true talent is when you can look at an image and tell who the artist is straight away. With him, I can always tell.


Q. What is your signature make-up look?
A. My make-up is very structured. I like my eye shadow winged and love overdrawing my lips to perfection.


Q. What is one product you could not love without?
A. Ruby Woo lipstick by MAC. I feel like the most powerful person on the earth when I wear lipstick and if a product makes you feel that way, you should never have to live without it!


Q. Do you have any tips on how to best prep your skin before applying make-up?
A. Prep for your individual skin type. This is so important if you want perfect skin. Use Gel based products for dry skin or use products containing Silica to combat oily skin.


Q. What are your favorite products for Contouring?
A. I like to mix up my textures. I prefer to use cream for highlighting the cheekbones to give a soft natural look, nothing too glittery. To contour, I use powder. 'Baby do not Go' Prolongwear MAC blush and Pearl cream colour base are all you will ever need.


Q. What is your fave make-up Trend for this Season?
A. The constant re-occurring Trend of Dewy, Glowing skin will always be my favorite. Whether you decide to go for a full blown smokey eye or just lashing on the mascara, if your skin is flawless you will look incredible every single time.


Q. Do you have any advice for any young girls hoping to break into the make-up industry?
A. Do it for the right reasons, not just because you think its all Glamour. I became an artist because make-up brought me out of my shell and I wanted to help other people to feel that way. With make-up, you can see your client's confidence level physically go from a 3 to a 10 because of your work. If you think you would find that rewarding, then you are looking into the right Industry!

Thanks so much Fabiana for answering all of our questions.
If you would like to see more of Fabiana's amazing work (and pics of her adorable Chihuahua Olive) then you can follow her on instagram @FABSYYY or for bookings you can contact her on: 0857038737 

Lots of Love,
SassieDoll 
xXxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment