Saturday 21 March 2015

Mini Beauty Haul, Make-up Look & SLEEK product review

Hi Errrbody,

Today's post features my make-up look for the day and a lil product review of some new beauty treats I picked up yesterday!

I'll start with the products...I was browsing through the shops yesterday after being cooped up in bed sick for over a week with both a tummy bug and a throat infection (not fun!!!) I just had to get out of the house for a bit and what a better way to make yourself feel good after being sick than going shopping! :)
Although my whole career and background is in Fashion, I seem to spend more time and money on beauty products and make-up than I do on clothes. I headed to the Boots superstore in the shopping center and picked up a few bits (mini review below) and then headed to Penneys where I also picked up some more cosmetic items rather than clothes.

Below is some of the bits I purchased between Boots and Penneys.


What I got?
PENNEYS:
- Nivea Micellar cleansing water - I have talked about this product before, I am loving it!!!
- Catrice Lip liner in 070 I Got You Babe!
- Wet n Wild White eyeliner
- L'Oreal Elnett Satin hair spray
- NYC nail polish in '320 Blue Sky'.
- Sunglasses for ONLY €1.50
- Hair Bobbin - because you can never have enough hair bobbins!

BOOTS:
- Sleek Make-up contour and highlighting kit in 'Light'.
- Sleek Brow kit in Dark
- Sleek Brow corrector in 'Dark'.
- Johnson's face wipes (My fave wipes for removing make-up)

SLEEK MAKE-UP REVIEW:
OK so I didn't get that much in Boots but I just had to feature these 'SLEEK' products. I tried them this morning (all have been used in the look posted below) and I am in love with all of them. And even better, they are currently 3 for 2 in Boots!!!
The contour kit is sooo pretty, I just created a light contour today but it is definitely build-able and comes in a darker shade palette too! The 3 colours compliment each other perfectly and are gorgeous for a light summer contour and glow.
The brow kit has 2 small angled brushes and a mini tweezers as well as a gel based and powder based brow filler. It is so handy and compact.
And then there is the little brow mascara which I love, it is slightly tinted and keeps the brows in place so well! I actually tried this last night when I got home and I fell asleep with it on and woke up this morning wit perfect brows!!! In love!!!

I won't go into too much detail on the below look as it quite a plain and simple day look, as stated above, my contouring and brows are the SLEEK products. Foundation is L'Oreal true match and my lipstick is MAC relentlessly red.


P.S I am so bad at taking selfies, but it's gotta be done :P

Oh one more thing...I also got myself a NutriBullet :)
I have been dying to buy one of these and start trying to get back on the healthy bandwagon!
I haven't tried it yet but I picked up some Spinach, Kale, ginger, pineapple and apples to make myself a nice healthy juice.



If you have any good juicing tips please let me know and I'll do an update in 'My Fitness Journey' over the coming months!

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!

Talk soon,

Lots of Love,
SassieDoll
xXx



No comments:

Post a Comment