Sunday 7 September 2014

'Life is a Label' AW14

Hi Dolls,

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend!

Last night I attended the 'Life is a Label' fashion show for the end of 'Dublin Fashion Festival.' It was held at the Royal Hibernian Way with reception and after party in the Grafton Lounge.
Unfortunately I had to work until 7.15pm and therefore had to rush into town but luckily I made it just on time. Apologies for the poor quality of my photos though as I had to use a phone to take the pics and due to running so late I wasn't in the best seat. But anyway...life goes on :P

The show was hosted by Irish fashion designer Bebhinn Flood and Irish style guru Brendan Courtney also made an appearance. The show was styled by a past fashion lecture of mine, Grainne Walsh. The show featured looks from Arnotts and Brown Thomas. Check out some of the pics below and scroll down to see my Trend Overview and What I wore...x







Trend Overview:
The key trends for AW14/15 which were apparent at the show were:
-Loose flowing midi skirts paired with over-sized knitted jumpers
-Sleek and Over-sized silhouettes
-Light wash skinny jeans teamed with over-sized jumpers
-Draping in the form of tops and dresses for evening wear
-Cowl neck jumpers
-Simple shift dresses
-Over-sized, faux fur coats




The dominant color palette for the season throughout this fashion show was a mixture of purples, burgundy, greys, black and cream.

I also took a few short video clips of the show so check them out below!





What I Wore:
I don't actually have any full length pics of myself from the night but I went casual wearing a black and white Kim K t-shirt by brand 'Eleven Paris' which is available in BT2, A boyfriend blazer from Vero Moda, Quilted leather boots by Nine West, Legging from H&M and 'Relentlessly Red' Lipstick by MAC.







Lots of Love
SassieDoll
xXxXx



No comments:

Post a Comment